The island itself is a 35 minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland and is a stunning location that is part of the Hauraki Gulf. Built on a cliff and situated upon which could be arguably be one of the best views overlooking Owhanake Bay, is the luxurious boutique hotel of Delamore Lodge. You will enjoy superior facilities, first-class service and scrumptuous cuisine, in a completely private setting with stunning and breathtaking views.
The Lodge offers a dedicated event and meeting pavilion ‘Wharenui’ (Maori term for an important meeting-house), spacious guest lounge, central courtyard with a sweeping stairway linking to the tropical rock pool and waterfall, a deep, cave-like Jacuzzi, sauna, and a wine cellar with award winning wines. The courtyard, cascades into the striking, Italian-style fireplace and outdoor dining area which leads to the heated infinity swimming pool.
Each of the four guest suites and the two bedroom apartment, is a cocoon of luxurious simplicity, fully facing the sun, with breathtaking views of the Hauraki Gulf all from your own private courtyards; or while you soak in your bath tub.
This award winning lodge offers easy access to sensational beaches, fabulous restaurants and world-famed vineyards all just 30 minutes by ferry, or a 5 minute helicopter hop from Downtown Auckland to Delamore’s private heli-pad; 12 minutes from Auckland Airport.
Features and Facilities
- Stunning gardens set in large private grounds
- Four Luxury quest suites with private patio plus a two bedroom luxury apartment
- Complimentary transfers via passenger ferry Waiheke
- Media / Family room (Wharenui)
- Wireless Internet - Mini laptop
- Panoramic view of the Majestic, Hauraki Gulf, New Zealand
- Private Helicopter landing pad
- Beauty and Spa treatment suites
- Heated Infinity Pool, cave like Jacuzzi and Sauna
- Outdoor Kitchen and Bar
- Private grotto, indoor and outdoor fire areas
- Tailor-made gourmet breakfast, coffee, tea, juice and fresh bakery
- Courtyard with tropical rock pool
- Library of books, CDs and DVDs, chess, and broadband access
- Wheelchair Access
Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and hors d’oeuvres
- Wine cellar and award-winning local wines.
- Activities – vineyard, winery and olive grove tours. Horseback riding, bush and beach walks, fishing, sailing, diving, kayaking golf, scenic flights, paragliding, arts, crafts, cafés, restaurants and bars.